carbon nation team top tips for reducing your co2 footprint
- Weatherize your house – if there’s a draft, there’s a leak.
- When your roof needs repairs, paint it white at the same time.
- Unplug DVD players, coffee makers, phone chargers – anything not in use.
- 5-minute showers are much better than baths.
- Raise your kid’s allowance if they help reduce utility bills.
- Buy your utility’s green energy option.
- Solar Hot Water Heaters = huge CO2 reductions.
- Wind - can your home or office use a small turbine?
- Geothermal – can you install a home geothermal heat pump?
- Seek out community purchasing groups to buy & install solar panels in bulk,
- like lbog.org.
- Meatless Mondays – eat meat one day less a week.
- Eat local food, efficiently delivered.
- Use only Forest Stewardship wood products.
- Use a push lawn mower.
- Elect clean energy public servants.
- Demand tough energy efficiency building standards.
- Take mass transit at least once a week.
- Video conference instead of travel.
- Invest in companies promoting clean energy.
- If you’re a student, become an engineer.
- Share all this great info with your family, friends and co-workers.
We'll be expanding this section, with your assistance, so please check back.
For now, here are a few more ways you can make a difference:
- If you have a Solution video or article, please submit it to us HERE
- Arrange a Screening of Carbon Nation in your neighborhood so that your friends, family and neighbors can understand why you feel so empassioned about this topi
- Pledge now to attend a screening of Carbon Nation; in theatres January 2011
- Check out YOUR Solutions; submitted by global neighbors, and future friends.
"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing
because he could do only a little."
~ Edmund Burke